Center for Photography in Ethiopia, Ethiopia
- Contact person: Maheder Haileselassie
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- Phone number: +251 913357942
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cpethiopia
- Addis Ababa
CPE - Center for Photography in Ethiopia is a platform for training, discussion, collaboration and conversation for emerging Ethiopian photographers that was recently founded by Maheder Haileselassie, a photographer based in Addis Ababa. Since its starting point in 2017, CPE successfully provided several workshops, a mentorship program, exhibitions, installations and presentation both within and outside of Ethiopia.
Contemporary Image Collective, Egypt
- Contact person: Andrea Thal
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: +201011738115
- Web address: http://www.ciccairo.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CIC.ContemporaryImageCollective/
CIC is a Cairo based cultural organisation with a special interest in the overlap of visual culture, artistic practice, education and critical discourse. CIC runs a range of photography, image making and print production facilities as well as an open library and work space. CIC also develops long term, research based thematic and educational projects on social topics and forms of expression relevant to the time and place we work in.
École Nationale des Arts, Senegal
- Contact person: Mamadou Toure aka Behan
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- Phone number: +221 77 538 8383
- Web address: http://www.ecolenationaledesarts.sn/
The National School of the Arts is a medium, secondary and higher vocational education institution whose main vocation is to provide academic training in the fields of the Performing Arts, the Plastic Arts and Cultural Animation. The National School of Arts also provides training for State agents in the private sector and foreigners (organization of refresher and advanced training seminars. The ENA is the main tool through which the State of Senegal ensures promotion of research and training in the artistic and cultural field.
Kwanda Art Foundation, Rwanda
Information Available Soon
Market Photo Workshop, South Africa
- Contact person: Khona Dlamini
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: +27(11)834 1444
- Web address: https://www.marketphotoworkshop.co.za/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/_marketphotoworkshop/
- 57 Margaret Mcingana Street, Newtown, 20001, Johannesburg
As a school for photography and a photographic resource space, the Market Photo Workshop has led the African development of contemporary photography since 1989. Its photographic education serves photographers who serve their communities with new modes of visual representation and entrepreneurship. Market Photo Workshop alumni are award-winning journalists, photographic artists, and educators whose ongoing recognition further global practices in the field. Critical debate and curatorial approaches to photography inform its exhibitions and diverse public programmes. The Market Photo Workshop offers photographers with inclusive platforms to develop and publish work and weigh in on social issues that affect image-makers and the untold stories they tell.
Nlele Institut, Nigeria
- Contact person: Uche Okpa-Iroha
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- Phone number: +234 7055517206
- Web address: http://www.thenleleinstitute.org/
Established in 2013, the Nlele Institute (TNI) is a Pan‐African, autonomous and non‐profit art photography organization. It exists as a cultural hub that enhances social cohesion through visual learning processes. We are recognized for our professionalism in the study and research of photography throughout Nigeria and the sub region. TNI makes use of all available resources (be it manual or digital) in executing programmes and projects that help create awareness and interest in photography.
We also aim to detect and develop new talents predominantly in grassroots areas. By providing public access to photography and art education, we are able to adequately address the needs of underprivileged (or deprived) communities as they relate to financial inclusion, entrepreneurship, education, gender equality, digital technology and professional training.
Photo:, South Africa
- Contact person: John Fleetwood
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web address: https://www.phototool.co.za/
- PostNet Suite #102, Private Bag X7, Parkview, 2122, Johannesburg, South Africa
Photo: is a multi-operation platform for the development and promotion of socially engaged photography practices, photographers and critical visual culture.
Through curatorial and educational projects throughout the African continent and beyond, Photo: promotes emerging and practicing photographers and photography with the aim to encourage critical and experimental approaches/responses, that challenge and stimulate how we think about photography and our world. Central to its vision, is the idea that photography can be a delicate tool for social change.
The Other Vision, Sudan
- Contact person: Ala Kheir
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- Phone number: +249 9 19001660
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/The-Other-Vision-104812604570950/
The Other Vision (TOV) is a platform for education, networking, and raising awareness specifically for photographers and also the general public in Sudan, aiming to advocate for photography to enable social engagement. Established in 2019, TOV recognizes the gap in photography education in Sudan and that was the main motive behind the platform.
- Contact person: Seydou Camara
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: +223 76328673
Created in 2015, Yamarou-Photo is a training space, of exchange, reflection, meeting, listening, practice and to develop new strategies for the development of photography. It's a setting that combines young women and men photographers in a dynamic of reflection, training and creation. It allows to give a new impetus to photographic artists in Mali and beyond.